http://www.missouri.edu/~tselist/tsefaqq.html

3. GUIDELINES FOR POSTING:
TSE is an unmoderated list, which means that we don't screen your posts before they are distributed to the list of subscribers. We would like to keep it that way. It is in the interests of all us on the list, therefore, to adhere to a few basic guidelines based largely on netiquette:
We encourage wide-ranging discussions about any aspect of T. S. Eliot's works or life, in addition to works (including our own) about Eliot and related topics (Modernism, etc). Queries are always welcome. The best informal criterion is simply that a post's subject matter should be likely to be of interest to people interested in Eliot.
Readers of all levels are welcome, from novices to established authorities. Accordingly, a spirit of mutual respect and tolerance must prevail in our responses to one another. This does not mean that we are not free to disagree and even to express our disagreements vehemently; but such expressions must stop short of personal attacks.
Students submitting queries should remember that this list is made up of private individuals who post to it in their free time. Although posts from high school and college students have usually been thoughtful in every sense of the word, every now and then we get a post of the form, "Please send me information about 'The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.' I have a paper due tomorrow." This shows little consideration for others' time--and for that matter, little careful consideration of the subject the poster is writing about. Two basic suggestions: Make your queries as specific as possible, and Try to ask questions that will open up discussion.
All posts should carry a descriptive Subject line, and responses to others' posts should retain the previous Subject line unless the topic under discussion has shifted. (Most mailers automatically retain Subject lines if you respond by means of the Reply function.) The primary reason for using descriptive Subject lines is consideration: not everyone will be interested in every discussion we have (strange but true!), and those especially who have to pay for their e-mail or their time online will appreciate the option of choosing which posts they want to read. Retaining established Subject lines also enables list members to read threads of particular interest to them in sequence.
Replies to others' posts should only quote as much of the original message as is necessary to establish context. To quote the entire text automatically is often not only to waste bandwidth but also to inconvenience your fellow list members.