Date sent:              Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:17:03 -0400
From:                   William Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT: After the Hours
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Just for interest's sake, George, most doctors realize that a large
percentage of medical problems are brought on mentally the patient himself
(i.e., stress, anxiety, etc). Homosexuality is just the kind of thing that
would bring on depression (not in every case, I'm sure) because of guilt
associated with it. Just another thought to add to yours.

Cheers,
Will

Kate wrote:

> that she did suffer from Schizophrenia as well as depression at times,
> the latter probably the result of the deep love she felt for her husband
> being at

Depression isn't particularly "caused" by anything (although stress etc.
can trigger it).  It is a medical illness, and it's very simplistic to
suggest that depression could be the direct result of "deep love" or
homosexuality or anything much else.

Just thought that should be pointed out..
--George