Date sent:              Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:25:58 -0400
From:                   Marcia Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: OT: Eden
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Peter Montgomery wrote:

>From: Nancy Gish
>
>Would not the meaning of "knowing Jesus" and hence "following after" him
>depend precisely on how one defined him?  And so one might see Jesus as a
>human who represents how we are all the [children] of god and to "follow"
>would be something other than to believe in Christ's divinity. That is,
>is it not simply circular to say that to be a Christian is to know that
>Jesus is divine and so to believe in his divinity because that is to be
>Christian?
>
>I have no stake in the answer; I'm just curious about the seeming
>circularity that depends on having an answer in advance.
>straw manning it again Nancy?
>
>How convenient to be able to set up the bowling pins to your own
>preference, and then to walk away from it.
>
>Cheers,
>Peter

Enough, Peter.    Why do you think your foolishly-written attacks on
Nancy are of any interest to others?  I'm sick of you putting the rest of
us in the position of being a witness to your stupid and self-inflated
nastiness.  It is because Will praised you that you are annoyed that Nancy
has joined the conversation?

Marcia