Hmm. Just noticed that the quote I have differs quite a bit from the one on
the web.

"I have often seen a room full of people, a city full of people, a country
full of people seized with an intoxication and frenzy in which many
individuals become a unit, a homogeneous mass, and all individuality is
extinguished. In a surge of unanimity, all individual impulses merge into a
single mass impulse and hundreds, thousands, or millions are seized with a
rapture, a selfless devotion and heroism, which express themselves at first
in outcries, tears, and touching declarations of brotherhood and end in
war, madness, and rivers of blood. My instinct as an individualist and
artist has always warned me most urgently against this capacity of men for
becoming drunk on collective suffering, collective pride, collective
hatred, and collective honor. When this morbid exaltation becomes
perceptible in a room, a hall, a village, a city, or a country, I grow cold
and distrustful; a shudder comes over me, for already, while most of my
fellow men are still weeping with rapture and enthusiasm, still cheering
and venting protestations of brotherhood, I see blood flowing and cities
going up in flame."

Hope that helps. I'll fax you the photocopy if you'd like it.
Ken