I birded weston bend this morning.  It was a beautiful day to be off, cool in
the a.m, with no mosquitos yet!  Found very few migrants, alder flycatcher
and swainson's thrush, were the only ones today.   3 ceruleans were still
singing like crazy, blue-winged warbler, louis waterthrush, y.b.chat and redstarts
were very loud too.  I have not heard the bell's vireos yet...although  someone
about a week ago heard 2.

The brewster's was on territory behind the bathrooms, and today I heard him
sing an abnormal song of the blue-winged.  He sat in the sun on top of a tree
and sang for about 5 minutes.  It was like bee-blzz., with a very abrupt ending
to it.  Either this is the same bird I heard a week ago sing the abnormal
golden-winged song, or it is another  brewsters in the same territory.  Next year
we might have to look for a Lawrences hybrid if this guy mates with a impure
blue-winged.

PS, I just received a copy of the soundtrack from "winged migration", and the
music is as beautiful as the movie.

Have a berry birdy summer!

nancy

Nancy Leo