Forgot to mention in msg last night, that we were stopped and questioned by
St. Charles county Police because we had stopped in the "middle of the road"
while looking  toward a house on Red School Road (we were on the side of the
road and looking at the birds on the wire leading to the house).
The cordial officer explained that there have been burglaries in the
neighborhood and the suspects were traveling in a van.
Hence those in vans (and other vehicles too)....keep the seat belts buckled
(!) and have your papers in order if you are going to troll the back roads
of Riverlands.

Now, just hope those nice Police are also questioning the folks engaged in
all the illegal and illicit behavior that is regularly going at Lincoln
Shields and West Alton Boat Ramp in broad daylight.

Good birding,

Charlene "Police magnet" Malone
Chesterfield, MO