Missouri Birders:

I'm looking to purchase a spotting scope.
Any recommendations on features that are especially helpful?
Any recommendations on features or products to stay away from?

P.S. I'm big fan of Nikon ( I like their optics, their service, and their
no-fault warranty), so if you a familiar with a particular Nikon scope, that
would be especially helpful.

Thanks,
Bob Bailey