    This morning Jack Hilsabeck and I birded Bluff Woods CA, Sugar Lake (aka Lewis and Clark SP) and Bean Lake, Platte County.  It was rather quiet at Bluff Woods but Sugar Lake and Bean Lake were alive with birds!

    A sampling of the  3000+ shorebirds/gulls/terns observed included:

AMERICAN AVOCET - 1
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Hudsonian Godwit
Lesser Yellowlegs
WILLET - 1
Spotted Sandpiper
Wilson's Phalarope
Short-billed Dowitcher
Long-billed Dowitcher
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
White-rumped Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
DUNLIN - 1
Stilt Sandpiper
Franklin's Gull
BONAPARTE'S GULL - 1
Forster's Tern
LEAST TERN - 1   (*the first one I have seen in Northwest Missouri in the Spring)
Black Tern

    A couple of noteworthy birds at Bluff Woods were Olive-sided Flycatcher, Philadelphia Vireo and Mourning Warbler.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
Buchanan Co.