With some of the discussion on bobolonks,  yesterday being the NAMC,  Ellen and I had 300+ bobolinks in three different locations in just one quarter of Jackson County,  MO.  What was interesting was that a third of them were in an alfalfa field and the other two-thirds were in large fields that used to be corn fields but were now very much over grown weed fields.

Although bobolinks nest in Missouri,  I don't know if any nest this far south.  The one field we had at the far eastern edge of the county, the males were singing so much that the sounds were somewhat overwhelming.  We have not experienced anything like it before.  Does anyone know if bobolinks nest in Jackson County or have in the past?

Jim Zellmer
Blue Springs,  MO