Bobolinks seem to be having a good year thus far. I have observed them every
year for the past 10 years in Shelby County. This year, I have observed
flocks of up to 40 birds in fields that have never supported them in the
past.

The fields have remained unchanged, so I can only assume habitat loss in
other areas are prompting the noticeable increase of the numbers in my area.

Patrick

  _____

Patrick Harrison
Instructor, Computer Applications