One of my co-workers lives in south StLouis County, near Jefferson Barracks Park, Bridge, and the river bluffs.  He was grumbling this morning about a woodpecker (pileated, from his description) hammering on the cap of his fireplace chimney -- evidently, was very loud in the room with the fireplace.  Glad i only have downies & red-bellies on my eaves-trough.

Ken Thompson,  Moline Acres, North StLouis County, MO 63136