Hi all,
I took my solo big day today and decided to focus on warblers.  I headed
south to Busiek State Forest, further south to Dean Rising's Cerulean spot on
Bull Creek, headed across the creek through National Forest land to Highway
H.  Then I headed up to Palmetto, over to Lake Springfield and back home to
Ozark,  100 miles on the odometer, 93 species, and 19 warblers.  All of the
93 species were seen.  I'm sure my count would have been higher with a "good
ear" around.
Here's the highlights:

Blue winged Warbler (Busiek)
Golden winged Warbler (National Forest)
Tennessee Warbler (all forested areas)
Nashville Warblers (all forested areas)
North Parula (all stream areas)
Yellow Warbler (willows on north side of Lake Springfield
Yellow throated Warbler (gathering nest material in Busiek parking lot)
Pine Warbler (Cobb Ridge Motorcycle area: no motorcycle there today!)
Prairie Warbler (all glade areas)
Cerulean Warbler (Busiek and Bull Creek access.  LIFER!)
Black and White Warbler (numerous)
American Redstart (numerous at Busiek)
Worm Eating Warbler (steep hillside on National Forest land)
N. Waterthrush (north of Lake Springfield)
L. Waterthrush ( Busiek)
Kentucky Warbler (numerous)
Common Yellowthroat (Busiek and Lake Springfield)
Wilson's Warbler (National Forest land)
Yellow Breasted Chat (saw at Busiek, heard everywhere)

Other highlights:
Olive sided Flycatcher (Round Mountain Road)
Yellow throated Vireo (Busiek)
Rose breasted Grosbeak (numerous)
Blue Grosbeak (national forest)
Brewer's Blackbirds 3 (Palmetto)
Bobolinks (2 flocks at Palmetto, 1 just south of CU Power Plant one or two
miles)

Get out there now and good luck,
Greg

Greg Swick