Lots of mudflats in Ellis Bay at REDA  east of Heron Pond; however, most of the birds(and there are many) are far out. With extremely windy conditions I was able to see five Willets, at least five Wilson's Phalaropes,  and two Sanderlings. At least twenty Franklin's Gulls are on the flats. One Black Tern flew in while I was viewing the Sandpipers. I later saw him sitting on a log on the mudflats.

Connie Alwood