The WGNSS group birded Castlewood State Park in St. Louis County Saturday.  Most of the breeding birds were present, but not all.  Good looks at Cerulean, Yellow-throated, Parula, Kentucky, Prothonotary, Summer Tanager.  Heard White-eyed Vireo, Wood Thrush, etc.  Also seen were Palm, Bay-breasted, Chestnut-sided, and hordes of Tennessee's were heard.  No sign of any Acadian Flycatchers, but we did have Least Flycatcher as well as Great-crested.  The Worm-eating Warblers to do appear to be at the usual place along the Grospeter Trail, at least we did not hear or see them.  The most interesting bird was a Black-billed Cuckoo which called from the deep woods in various places off and on throughout the morning.  A couple of adventurous got as close as the tree it was in, but it was not seen.
Later on the east side near Horseshoe Lake in Granite City, we had Bell's Vireo and Western Kingbird.

David Becher