Every year on the 2nd Saturday of May the North American Migration Count (NAMC) occurs in counties around the state and country.  The goal is to monitor neotropical migrant birds over the long term to look for trends in population, range, and migratory patterns. The Count is very similar to the Christmas Bird Count, in that many participants (birders, drivers, recorders, observers) are needed to adequately cover our count areas.

Jim Gast and I are co-compilers for the Boone County NAMC. We would like to have you join us and our other section leaders. Call me at 573/445-4925 (H) if you'd like to come out for a 1/2 half to full day of birding during the height of spring migration.

Susan
Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri