When I lived in Wisconsin, I studied Bobolinks for a summer, and I was amazed
by their behavior everyday.  You could always tell when they became active,
their characteristic burbling toy sound would rise, and all we had to do was
look up.

A behavior we noticed, and I would like comment on this, is when two
territories overlapped, or came in contact.  The males would fly straight up,
singing wildly, then meet at what I suspect was the edge of each territory.
They would not squabble, or fight, simply converse from adjacent shrubs.  I
also think this might have been a way to catch up on the days news so to speak.

Anybody elso see this with Bobolinks?

Lynn Miller
Lone Jack,MO
Jackson CO