Powell Gardens west of Warrensburg would be a good place to start.  They can
give suggestions for the native plantings, and to attract birds/butterflies.

I would also try the local greenhouses maybe Debackers (in book), or the
landscaper Elite Landscaping (in book too).  You might try the Biology dept. on
the CMSU campus also. I drive through Warrensburg everyday, and the campus is
planted fairly sypathetically for our wonged breathren.

Another contact is Dr. John Hess, I think he is retired from CMSU, but he and
his wife run one of only 27 bird friendly licensed (by National Wildlife
Foundation I think) B&B's in the country.  He knows his birds, and has records
on his land for about 25 years.

Hope this helped.

Lynn Miller
Lone Jack,MO