First, I had a great weekend in the STL area. Birded RiverlandsEDA, Tower
Grove Park, Busch Conservation Area and Weldon Springs Nature Trail.

Met many birders whose names I can now place with faces (that's great!).

Picked up 16 COMALS...

Hoping to make it back to STL on Sunday, but will play that by ear.

As to my question...

Many of you know that my parents live 7 miles east of Troy, Missouri. As the
"Blue Grosbeak" flies, they live 3 miles southeast of the Highway 47
entrance to Cuivre River State Park. They have lived at this location since
1974. This spring, they have attracted Blue Grosbeaks for the first time. I
believe the two males and one female are looking to nest, though which one
of the males will be the "lucky guy" is up for grabs.

They are as excited as I am about the prospect of raising a brood of these
beautiful birds. The QUESTION: Troy is as far north as I have seen this bird
in Missouri. I'd like to hear from anyone that can give me more information
about the range and proclivities of this species. On or offlist would be
fine.

Thank you in advance.

Patrick

Patrick Harrison                     *