This evening I was at a meeting at the Drury Inn (near the
Columbia Mall).  Upon stepping out to my car, heard the
familiar call of Common Nighthawks. Four were engaged in
aerial battle - they seemed very focused on the roof of the
hotel.  It was fun to see and hear them again.  Even my
non-birding colleagues were impressed.

Jean Leonatti
Columbia, MO