I am following the "Josh Uffman" birding theory -- running out to a place
before work!  Went down to Eagle Bluffs very early this morning to see what
the storms might have dropped in.  Unfortunately for me, it was still very
low light and overcast this morning.

However, Pool 10 again had a substantial number of shorebirds -- dominated
mostly by Yellowlegs, Pectorals, and Least.  Did find about 6 Wilson's
Phalaropes, and several Dowitchers.  Would guess there were other types out
there, but low light made ID difficult.  The only Plovers seen were
Killdeer.

The Little Blue Heron flew into Pool 10 while I was watching but did not
stay long.

Pool 8 willow trees held some delightful surprises.  Four Yellow Warblers in
less than 10 minutes; a Northern Waterthrush, got to see and hear him; 4
Bobolinks singing from the top of one of the Willows;  great looks at Common
Yellowthroats; also Gray Catbird; lots of Indigos, a YR Warbler, Nashvilles,
and Parulas.  This was all walking along the levee the divides Pool 8 from
10.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County