Kennedy Forest:
Fewer Nashville & Tennesees
More Chestnut-sided & Redstarts
16 warbler species, plus a YB Cuckoo.

Frequently all the birds would stop singing.  I don't know if a hawk was circling or if it was just the cool cloudy weather.

I spent most of the time trying to refind Randy's Connecticut.  No luck.  Once I thought I had it.  I could just see the bird's
face:  gray, big black eye with white eye ring.  Turned out to be a kinglet--drat.  The Northern Waterthrushes are still there
though (west and south of wet spot).  Also had a great look at a Black & White taking a bath.

Jerry Farm
St. Louis