Isn't it delightful seeing birding through the eyes of a "young un." I can
only vaguely remember my initial enthusiasm at the discovery of the glory of
the wild birds around me. I do hope Robert will remain an inspired birder
and that he'll continue sharing his stories about his new life birds with us
on a regular basis. His observations are encouraging me to carefully restudy
my regular bird "friends" and to more carefully prepare for observing the
birds I don't get to see so regularly.

Has anyone explained to Robert the prairie chicken dance that is done for
each life bird that MOBirders see?!? (He's going to be dizzy if he keeps
adding life birds at the rate he's been going at it!)

And how come I never had a teacher who took me outdoors during the school
day? Its wonderful that we now have outdoor classrooms, that stimulating
interest in the environment and conservation are acceptable components of a
good curriculum.

Susan
Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, Missouri