I don't know what happened during that storm but last night I experienced
one of the strangest things I've ever seen/heard in my birding "career."

I'm not sure if all of you remember my previous message about my excitement
regarding hearing the single Barred Owl outside of by suburban home but . .
.

Last night as I was lying in my bed, I heard not one, not two, but FOUR
Barred Owls RIGHT outside my window engaging in breeding calls. Normally, I
suppose this wouldn't be a rare event, but the fact that I live almost in
the center of suburbia suprised me considerably. The calls were so loud that
all members of my household were awakened, but I could not get any visual on
the birds outside.

Is it common for this many Barred's to be in the same area together? (This
was at about 3:35 AM this morning)

Thanks!

Eric Burke
Kansas City, MO
Amateur Wolf Ecologist / Missouri Birder

WOLFTALK: Discuss Canis Lupus with other enthusiasts
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wolftalk/?yguid=104640721