  After reading Bill Reeve's report, I went to Otter Slough to see if I
could find the Red Knot.

Could not  :(

 Shorebird habitat there remains very good.  I did have over 100 Dunlin,
dozens of Black-necked Stilts, Least Sandpipers, both Yellowlegs.  Best bird
of the day for me here were the 8 Wilson's Phalaropes...not rare, but my
first ever for Missouri.

 Between Otter Slough and Mingo NWR, I ended the day with 82 species,
including 10 first of the year.

Leslie Keith Koller
Sikeston, Scott Co, Missouri