Two Clay-colored sparrows singing and feeding in far back yard this morning,
Monday, April 5.

Harris sparrows still in yard also, whistling softly.

Rose-breasted grosbeak singing for first time in yard this morning, so he
made it through the storms safely. We have a resident pair every year.

A nighthawk rested on a horizontal limb in our backyard yesterday.

A large piece of insulation plopped into one of our trees during the height
of the storm remnant that passed over Kearney about 5:00 p.m. yesterday. We
had a little hail, about an inch of rain, almost no wind. This morning I
picked up small pieces of insulation, building foam, shingle piece, fragment
of a wire mesh filter, and a statement from a business in Kansas City,
Kansas.

I can't help but wonder how many birds get sucked up amid all the debris.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay Co.