To St. Louis area birders who like to attend the fall SLAS Carlyle Lake
Pelagic trip

Although I am taking on the job of Birding Coordinator for SLAS for the next
season, I am decentralizing the work involved and spreading it out among
many other people.   This goes for the actual leading of the birding side of
the trips as well as the logistics side of the out of town trips.  The
latter involves arranging for motels and restaurants if need be, arranging
for purchased services such as dealing with the boat operator at Carlyle for
the annual pelagic trip, collecting money if that needs to be done, mailing
out travel instructions, etc.

The bottom line is that I am asking for help in these areas.   I'm not going
to do everything myself as Jim Malone has done for many years, so if no one
volunteers to help with these tasks then the various trips will not be held,
particularly the out of town trips.

To date, I have located seven people to lead the birding aspects of our in
town and out of town trips and this should suffice.  In addition, one couple
has offered to handle the logistics side of a planned trip to Mingo Nat
Wildlife Refuge,Duck Creek and Otter Slough late next April.

What I need now is someone to handle the logistics arrangements for the
Carlyle Pelagic Trip next fall.   I did have someone lined up, but she will
be swamped with school work and has dropped out.    If you are willing to
take on this task, please notify me as soon as possible.    Having this
popular trip next fall depends on someone volunteering to take on this task.

John Solodar