I  JUST saw, at the edge of my yard,  in the street,  pecking at a worm,
a LARK SPARROW!   I couldn't and can't believe it!    I was ten feet
from the bird and the ID is certain.   This is a first for me.  Are they
common (have never seen one before)  and why was it here?  Aren't they
prairie birds.... we are tangential to James A Reed,  which is secondary
growth.  Anyone with info will add to my limited knowledge and I will be
very grateful.  Thanks...Marilyn Koshland  Greenwood, Missouri  (2 miles
east of Lees Summit;  35 miles east of KC)