I talked to Josh while at REDA and got many of the same birds. I was
especially happy to see the black-bellied plovers, which are lifers for me.
I also found a palm warbler and waterthrush that posed for some pictures
along the riprap near the Ellis Bay parking lot. I parked at Stonehenge and
walked south along the trail to find one yellow warbler, male and female
northern oriole, two green herons, a black-crowned night heron and a
catbird. Prior to going to REDA (I actually didn't even intend on birding
today, but I had to go to Alton to pick up my check) I stopped in at
Horseshoe Lake State Recreation Area (IL) and located many ETS, which also
posed, and a sora that held still long enough and close enough that I think
I got good pics of him too. I just have to wait to get my film back now. The
Henslow's sparrow I photographed Sunday on the Chubb Trail at Castlewoods
turned out great.

Shawn Clubb, Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.