I spent a little more than an hour at Horseshoe Lake this morning. The
highlights included one yellow-billed cuckoo, three yellow warblers, two
spotted sandpippers, four yellow-rumped warblers, five northern orioles, one
black-crowned night heron, and one gray catbird. I got home to see a brown
thrasher on my seed feeder (a first for my yard). I went to retreive my
binoculars out of the car and came back to find the thrasher had flown to
the ground and a male rose-breasted grosbeak was on my feeder (another
first). Wow! What a spring.

Shawn Clubb, Collinsville, Madison Co., IL