I had what appeared to be a Common Ground Dove in my back yard.  She was being courted by a Mourning Dove.  I did not see her flight feathers as she spent the better part of the evening either running around on the ground because she was being chased by the Mourning Dove, or sitting on a branch.  I never saw her fly, but she was smaller than the Mourning Dove with short tail feathers tipped in white.  Are these usually found in this area?  I thought they were from the deep south. Cathi Luytjes, St. Charles, MO, [log in to unmask]