I checked out REDA at about 5 p.m. and located 3 Wilson's phalaropes (2 of
them female) in Heron Pond. I also saw many Franklin's gulls on the mudflats
in Ellis Bay and looked for but did NOT find a black tern. There was also
one American bittern in Two Pecans Pond. I also noted one spotted sandpiper
on the near shore of Ellis Bay at the far end of Riverlands Way and in the
bay a single female common merganser and single female ruddy duck.

Shawn Clubb, Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.