April 23, was the date of the first hummer at the feeder, April 29, the
resident Summer Tanager arrived and May 1, the Swainson's Thrush was heard
in our yard.  That (the thrush) was one of the first birds I identified on
my own and they have been arriving around the first of May since we have
lived in our present home dating back to 1969.  LIFE IS GOOD and ALL IS
RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.
Jan Neale
El Dorado Springs, MO
Cedar County