Dear Pietros, As Peter deftly (or daftly?) noted, my initial thought was incorrect. The article is 'Charleston, Hey, Hey!', C198, 1927. Nation & Athenaeum (not Athenneum). The quotation: I strictly agree with Mr Rodker's remarks about Miss Stein. Moreover, her work is not improving, it is not amusing, it is not interesting, it is not good for one's mind. But its rhythms have a peculiar hypnotic power not met with before. It has a kinship with the saxophone. If this is of the future, then the future is, as it very likely is, of the barbarians. But this is the future in which we ought not to be interested. I find the final sentence particularly apt in relation to recent discussions regarding Peter's electronic world of indecorous malapropisms, anarchic spelling, and the denigration of scholarship, fact, argument, criticism, and intelligence. Yours, Jennifer On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 08:28 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote: Arial'Let me know if you would like the exact quotation and a reference.' Yes, I would like the exact quotation and reference if you can find it.  Grazie mille.  :-)