Dear Pietros,

As Peter deftly (or daftly?) noted, my initial thought was incorrect.
The article is 'Charleston, Hey, Hey!', C198, 1927. Nation & Athenaeum
(not Athenneum). The quotation:

I strictly agree with Mr Rodker's remarks about Miss Stein. Moreover,
her work is not improving, it is not amusing, it is not interesting, it
is not good for one's mind. But its rhythms have a peculiar hypnotic
power not met with before. It has a kinship with the saxophone. If this
is of the future, then the future is, as it very likely is, of the
barbarians. But this is the future in which we ought not to be
interested.

I find the final sentence particularly apt in relation to recent
discussions regarding Peter's electronic world of indecorous
malapropisms, anarchic spelling, and the denigration of scholarship,
fact, argument, criticism, and intelligence.

Yours, Jennifer