Dear Pietros,

This was written in a review; I believe 'The Beating of a Drum', 1923,
C146; I shall have to check for you and can find you the quotation if
you like.

So far as I know, this is the only time Eliot mentioned Stein (someone
can correct me here; perhaps her name comes up in OPP?); he mentions
her rhythm as being hypnotising, but perhaps the rhythm of the future
(and therefore about that future being of the barbarians).

Let me know if you would like the exact quotation and a reference.

Yours, Jennifer