In a message dated 5/8/2003 8:50:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jennifer Formichelli <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>May I also make a request of you? Is it entirely necessary to append
>your signature to every post? I think those of us who read the list
>often know that you are:
>
>>> Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
>>> Dept. of English
>>> Camosun College
>>> 3100 Foul Bay Rd.
>>> Victoria, BC CANADA V8P 5J2
>>> www.camosun.bc.ca/~peterm
>

>Those who don't can always access this information by sending a simple
>UNIX command to listserv. I only ask because, when I go to print out
>your posts so I can read them more clearly, the appended signature
>often takes me over the page; and I am forced to throw a piece of paper
>away.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Sincerely, Jennifer

Jennifer:

I, for one, would have no idea how to perform the simple operation your describe.  It would perhaps be as simple for you to paste a message into a format where you can control its pagination before printing it out.

With all the words flying around here, it seems rather  disingenuous to suggest that Prof. Montgomery's professional qualifications should be excised from all future posts *for environmental reasons*.  Might you not be taking a dig at him, just possibly, and recruiting the noble green flag to your cause under false pretenses?

Cordially,

Tom K