Rita Proffitt wrote:

> Isn't Prufrock indecisive like Hamlet? And this indecision will lead
> to Hamlet's downfall and Prufrock's continued unhappiness.

This view of Hamlet may be relevant to Prufrock, since it was a widely
held view in the 19th and early 20th centuries. And Eliot probably held
it himself, since it seems to enter into to his nonsense about
"objective correlatives." Hence your interpretation of Prufrock makes
sense, though I think the view of Hamlet proliferated by that indecisive
intellectual Coleridge is erroneous applied to the play itself. If
anything, Hamlet seems to suffer from being too decisive. Beyond that,
I'm not sure that the idea of tragic flaw or error really apples to
Shakespeare at all.

Carrol