Dear Nancy,

I'm sorry to be pedantic but what do you mean by 'images'? What images?
That they were 'evoked by Versailles' in your opinion, do they also
evoke Versailles?

I don't see the poem this way; but there is a piece written about it,
which I shall look up the details of if anyone is interested. Perhaps
Nancy already knows of this one? It may have appeared (many years ago)
in Notes and Queries.

Yours, Jennifer