From: Jennifer Formichelli
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 5/16/03 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: Hamlet and Lear

Regarding the posts on Hamlet, here is a quote from our  previous
exchange:

>JF:
>

>To be indecisive and to be incapable of action are not the same.
>

>[Peter Montgomery]
>Indeed. I think neither applies to Hamlet. He can act. He just doesn't
>want to.
>He seems to be more of a procrastinator. Perhaps he is Mexican? I think
>
>in the end he gets the point.

Peter, this is simply _untrue_. Hamlet repeatedly states that he _wants_
to kill Claudius. This is blatant. IV.iv. 42-3:

--I do not know
Why yet I live to say 'this thing's to do,'
Sith I have cause, and will, and strength, and means,
To do 't.

>Go to it, o jazzman.

What does this mean?

Yours, Jennifer