I saw what I think were either Franklin's Gulls or Bonaparte Gulls
swoping and feeding in a field between Squaw Creek NWR and Big Lake.
They were alighting on the ground only briefly then going airborne
again, always moving. It was an amazing sight.  Since I'm new to birding
I don't know if this behavior is common or not but I began to feel as
though the field were a swaying ocean.

The gulls had the typical Franklin's markings, but were bright pink and
had a black stripe near their white wing tip underneath.  Any help?

Scott Laurent

Platte County, MO.