Mark and I birded around Joplin yesterday, 4-19-03,  lunch hour:

American Coot,  Pied-billed Grebes, plenty of Blue-winged Teal and N. Shovelers and
a pair of Ring-necked Ducks at
the Jasper County waste water treatment facilities.  No shorebirds or gulls.
Also had Lark Sparrows and a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at the facilities.

Lincoln's Sparrow and a couple of Harris's Sparrows and our first Indigo Bunting noted,
Jasper County.

Three Dark-eyed Juncos observed this morning in our Joplin yard.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin MO.