It happened last year to a nestbox I had close to a tree-line. I had a
Black-Capped Chickadee nest with 3 babies and 2 unhatched eggs when a Wren
decided it wanted the nest. Within 1 evening, the Wren had built their stick
nest on top of the Chickadees. Depressing...but that's nature.

Now, this year, the Wrens are taking a nestbox away from the tree-line that
my Chickadees have just finished building a beautiful nest in. They
(Chickadees) also built a nest in the nestbox near the tree-line that the
Wrens took last year But the Wrens don't seem interested in that one yet.

I just wish they would choose a nestbox that the Chickadees didn't want. The
poor little Chickadees just sit by and let it happen (squawking & squealing)
They're just on the bottom of the totem pole in the bird world. Wish there
was something I could do to get the Wrens to leave them alone. I want them
to co-exist.

Sigh....

CJ Hazer
Farmington, Missouri (St. Francois County)
(appx. 50 miles south of St. Louis)