Made a big circle this morning, 4/21, and birded exclusively in Macon
County.

Nothing new at Thomas Hill. Water level is lower than I've ever seen it.
Upper portion of lake that is accessed via Gaslight Road has 70 feet of
exposed lake bottom that I've never seen before. Many Eastern Towhees.

Long Branch S.P. hosted high numbers of Yellow-rumped Warblers and Eastern
Towhees along the trail that led from the picnic shelter to the point near
the dam. Water level was very low as well. Again, lower than ever in my
memory.

Macon Lake sported a single Osprey. Water levels on this lake looked to be
normal.

Temperatures were in the upper 40's with 15-20 mph winds...

Little sign of any "spring migration" in Macon County.

Patrick

Patrick Harrison                     *
Shelbyville, Shelby County, Missouri *
http://www.patrickdharrison.com      *