Hey Jim, thanks for the heads up on where to go for great wildflowers.  I'm going to have to head out there to check them out.
On the Ceruleans, I'm going to have to withdraw the sighting.  I looked closely, checked the book, read the descriptions, carefully matched everything up, only to be fouled again by checking the bird songs CDs at home.  Didn't match.  Not Ceruleans.  I was so positive but became suspicious when no one else was reporting them.  Next time I'll be able to know what to look for after all my double checking.  And my apologies for a misidentification.  Don't know what I saw now but I guess it never hurts to double check.  Too bad.  It would have been a lifer for me.
Thanks again for the wildflower information!
Cathi Luytjes, St. Charles Co., [log in to unmask]

 Jim A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Shaw Nature Reserve on I-44 at Gray Summit about a 45 minute drive for you
has the best wildflower garden you will see around here PLUS it has very
diverse habitats for birding as well. My favorite place in the entire St.
Louis area.

Sorry to say, the Ceruleans once again prove to be elusive for me...