on 4/21/03 Patrick Harrison wrote:

> With regard to the American Bitterns that have frequently been reported at
> Two Pecan Pond, WHERE in / near the pond have these been seen?
>
> I scoped the small island in the pond and at each end.
>
> Are these elusive birds being seen at the east or west end?

I have found one or two bitterns mostly at the west end.
BUT now, that end has dried up some so they have gone a bit farther east
(still not past that island)  Just start at the west end (closest to Wise
road) and scan the closest shoreline and in the water among the
willows/weeds.

Re: Soras
Soras can be secretive, so you may have to try to get them to vocalize.
They sometimes respond to imitation of their call (listen to the call, it's
real easy to imitate)
and even a few loud claps of one's hands can get a response.
No guarantees though.

Hope this helps.
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO