I birded MTC in St. Charles County briefly during my lunch hour Monday at
the Highway 94 entrance. It was windy and hard for me to focus my ears on
where the birds were. I did see a green heron alight in a tree, several
white pelicans, eurasian tree sparrow, savannah sparrow, northern flicker,
blue-winged teal, grean blue heron, tons of cardinals and goldfinches,
killdeer, solitary sandpiper, other shorebirds that I couldn't ID
(combination of distance and my poor shorebird identification skills).
Didn't manage to pick out any warblers.
Shawn Clubb, Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.