While dodging thunderstorms I managed to check
some of the nest boxes at Binder Lake near Jeff City.
Amazingly enough, we already have bluebird young.

A few species of note:

great egret - 1
red eyed vireo - 3 calling
warbling vireo - 2 calling
baltimore oriole - 1 (plus the one in my backyard, still)
E. Kingbird - 1
wood duck pair

Also, the Bewicks wren is back singing in my neighborhood, finally!
I was beginning to think he wasn't coming back this year!

Julie Lundsted
Jefferson City
Cole County