Dear MoBirders,

As Sherry posted earlier, there was a car break-in at the Gaddy Bird Garden area this morning.  On Saturday morning, a man was arrested for exposing himself at the bubbler.

There have been break-ins at the Gaddy Bird Garden area every spring in the last 4 years or so.  One year a birder's car was stolen and wrecked.

I spoke with the park director this afternoon.  They are aware of these two incidents and have Park Rangers on duty who will pay particular attention to the bird garden area while they are patrolling.  This does not guarantee that our cars will be safe, as the Rangers cannot be stationed in one spot all day, so each person should decide how much risk s/he is willing to take.

Yvonne Homeyer
St. Louis