Eureka!  I found the Bewick's Wren in Tower Grove Park this afternoon around 5:30.  The bird was not in the Gaddy Garden, but was favoring the shrubbery immediately west of the red brick house that sits on MAGNOLIA AVE, not Lindell as previously reported.  Magnolia runs east and west along the northern boundary of TGP.

The bird was quick and nervous, but came out in the open long enough for me to note some important field marks:  whitish eyebrow, not as broad as a carolina's; whitish underparts, apparently without any buffy tint; very long tail in proportion to the body, held out nearly flat, like the picture of the eastern bewick's in NG 3rd; slimmer, I think, and not quite as chubby-looking as the pictures in the field guides.

Considering that this little guy is one of about ten left in eastern North America, it was special.

Thanks to Jim Ziebol et al.

Mike Thelen
St. Louis County, MO