    I have been seeing American Golden Plovers daily around Lake Contrary and Horseshoe Lake.
    Other shorebirds seen today (April 2), Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER (first of year), Least, Baird's, and Pectoral Sandpiper.  Also Wilson's Snipe.  Some Ring-billed Gulls, and on Horseshoe Lake two first winter BONAPARTE'S GULLS (also first of the year).  The wind was really blowing out of the south this morning and not too many "little" birds were in evidence.  However, at Horseshoe Lake I did manage to see some Horned Larks and one American Pipit.  Arriving back home in Saint Joseph I observed a Winter Wren in our backyard.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Buchanan County